CyberPro Plus 10G+
High-Speed Portable Capture Appliance
The CyberPro Plus 10G+ combines Packet Continuum with a briefcase-sized portable workstation for 10Gbps and higher continuous lossless capture, massive storage, and an integrated display for real-time visualization and analysis. It is an all-in-one capture / triage tool for ad-hoc threat hunting, incident response, or network troubleshooting, wherever you need to work.
Grab this portable tool, arrive on-site, plug into the network without disrupting IT operations, and get productive fast! It is the perfect tool for today’s cyber-hunters, IT/InfoSec specialists, and field network engineers whose mission is to keep modern IP networks up and running – and fully protected.
Download CyberPro Plus 10G+ Datasheet
Our core technology enables capture rates unheard of in such a small form factor. Just as easily as we can scale down this much performance into a compact system, CyberPro portable, cost-efficient systems can be federated at a massive scale. Federated, CyberPro systems can be used at multiple sites from a central hub for monitoring offsite, as well as providing the ability for SOC teams to update security policies remotely.
CyberPro systems are designed for standards-based policies with open data access. We leverage trusted open source communities for databases of threats and rule sets to keep you alerted of critical incidents for full-session analytics and reconstruction. Logs and data are then available in standard file formats so you can integrate them with your own preferred tools.
With a full-featured, mature REST/API, custom workflow scripting, and 3rd party event / data / PCAP correlation, CyberPro systems offer open workflow automation & orchestration.
10Gbps+ continuous lossless packet capture
Large Capture Timeline Storage
20TB PCAP Capture Store (with upgrade options to 200TB) via fixed or no-tools removable drives
Less than 30lbs. airline carry-on with the system and soft bag. Less than 50lbs. as a checked bag with the rugged transit case
Real-Time Packet Analytics
- Lossless packet capture at line rate
- Policy management
- Real-time alerting/detection (standards based)
- Defended assets, defended services, IDS alerts, IoC alerts, malware and event logging – at line rate
- Event-based and simultaneous PCAP session search/retrieval
- Data compression in-line
Stream initial search results of PCAP, NetFlow, and log files to any visualization tool, even while a critical search in on-going. No more waiting for endless query response times! CyberPro Plus 10G+ includes a unique threat-hunting feature: Use a SNORT/SURICATA rule set for “Retrospective Detection” of PCAP history. Find out if a newly discovered IoC was active in your network – even before the threat was known!
Use real-time, dynamic, user-defined Active Triggers and real-time analytics to rapidly direct critical PCAP data for post-processing, using any of multiple third-party open source DPI software packages, conveniently pre-installed and ready-to-use within the system.
Extensive Logging Features
RFC anomaly logging, file download event logging, multi-protocol event / metadata logging. The Log Investigator also allows for search, cross-correlation and extraction: HTTP, files, DNS, email, user agents, NetFlow, TLS/SSL, and VOIP.
Efficient Data Management
CyberPro Plus 10G+’s built-in PCAP streaming means that no third-party software will “choke” on too much data throughput during PCAP post-processing.
CyberPro Plus 10G+'s interactive dashboard drives your investigation workflow. You control capture operations, check the scrolling alert log, and quickly extract PCAP or NetFlow data into Wireshark, or log/metadata findings results into CSV or text. Streaming results are also remotely accessible, both from a host-based WebGUI over the REST interface, and even from a streaming output port into any 3rd party forensics tool.
Visualization is pre-installed and hard-wired into the CyberPro Plus 10G+ fully integrated analytics workflow, using open industry-standard data file formats: PCAP & NetFlow records open in WireShark; log searches open as CSV files; reports as TXT/RTF files.
- Penetration testing / security scanning tools package for more active analysis
- Carrying bag or rugged case for easier transportation
- Rugged case for securely storing removable hard drives
CyberPro Plus 10G+ Workflow
CyberPro Plus 10G+ utilizes NextComputing's Packet Continuum architecture to let you jump quickly between PCAP actions and your tools-of-choice. Gain new insight from DPI analytics tools, and generate graphical incident reports. Then iterate new Active Trigger alerts and PCAP searches, to conclude your investigation quickly.
Real-Time Analytics Features
Open simultaneous BPF-based “Active Triggers”. Adjust them dynamically.
Log Investigator events, all with search, cross-correlation and extraction:
- File event logging, with file size and URL or SMTP reference
- User agents
- Active Triggers (BPF signature)
- 50,000 Snort rules (emerging-DNS, emerging-ftp
- 1 Million ThreatIP alerts
- System events
Log Investigator search actions:
- All logs are time-correlated with PCAPs and NetFlow data
- Text string search of logs
- NetFlow record logging and search
- Choose your results for any search: PCAP, NetFlow, logs, etc.
- One-click searches auto-populate time period and search filter (BPF), based on context
CyberPro Plus 10G+ Open Data Access
Continuous lossless packet capture, with configurations 10Gbps and higher, into a rolling FIFO Capture Store
Searchable data recorder for NetFlow records and log files
Real time indexing and alerting — with time stamping as low as 150 nanoseconds
Data compression in real time — Overall storage amplification up to 10x
Dedicated onboard Extraction Store retains all search query results, retrievable by user-defined name
Options for PCAP (or NetFlow) search results:
- View in Wireshark on the local display UI
- Remotely access from an external host via Web GUI or REST/API scripting
- Run the critical sessions over the Streaming Playback Interface to any 3rd party forensic analysis tool. Simply connect streaming playback output to the capture interface of your tool, just like a span/mirror port.
standards-based policies, with open data access
Open Source Rulesets & Data Interfaces:
- Snort/Suricata — IDS alert rulesets
- Kibana – open data visualization, compatible with the Elastic ELK stack
- JSON – used for open data-interchange and PCAP search parameters
- JA3 – TLS/SSL encrypted traffic signatures
- MD5 – File Malware signatures
- BPF — used for Active Trigger alerts, PCAP search parameters, and pre-capture filtering
- Suspicious Alerts & Augmentation – Flexible user-defined lists
- Defended Assets/Services — Flexible user-defined lists
- TAXII/STIX — pre-packaged rulesets andSuspicious Alerts, supported via structured cyber threat information
Open Data Access, with standard file formats:
- PCAP-NG forpacket data
- NetFlow Version 9 flow records
- Text/CSV/syslog for log enrichment data
Open Workflow Automation & Orchestration:
- Simplified URL-based actions, via a full-featured, mature REST/API
- Unix Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Custom Workflow Scripting
- 3rd Party Event/Data/PCAP Correlation
- Role-Based Access Control
A PORTABLE CASE-MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
- Cyber team will create/update initial policies on a local system.
- Before each mission, upload these policies to a CyberPro Plus 10G+ for use during the mission.
- During the mission, Capture / Threat Hunting. Update real-time alerting policies, as required.
- After the mission, offload data that includes marked case data, current policies, and last Capture Store / Extraction Store data.
- Perform Post-Mission analysis on the data uploaded in step 4. Automate the post-mission analysis operations by utilizing the NextComputing REST/API.
- Record the set of lessons learned and policy updates.
- To iterate for the next mission, go to Step 2: upload and share new Policies with the CyberPro Plus appliance(s).
- Download any updated policies to the local system, as needed to update and upload again.
CyberPro Plus 10G+ Capture Process
Continuous lossless packet capture into a rolling FIFO capture store. A separate extraction store retains PCAP file query results.
4-tuple indexing in real time — IP address source/destination, port source/destination — with time stamping as low as 150 nanoseconds
PCAP compression in real time — Overall storage amplification up to 20x (depending on % of captured traffic that is SSL or video)
Search PCAP data from a convenient web GUI, using easy BPF+ descriptors, immediately streaming the results from capture store to persistent extraction store.
A PORTABLE BUILT FOR SCALE
The portable CyberPro Plus 10G+ works as a stand-alone appliance, and several can also joint together for even greater functionality.
When you require additional capture timeline in the field, configure and connect several other CyberPro Plus 10G+ appliances as "Cluster Nodes". NextComputing's unique MapReduce software framework spreads the processing load, so long timelines are as quick to search as with a single appliance.
When you set up multiple CyberPro Plus 10G+ appliances to capture at different locations, a single analyst use the Federation Manager capability for integrated remote access via unified web-based UI.
When you have ad-hoc requirements for lossless capture of very high capture rates, for 40Gbps, 100Gbps or even greater, the Federation Manager will also do the job. When high-rate traffic is split (using a Network Packet Broker or Load Balancer) into multiple 10G lines, each CyberPro Plus 10G+ can capture up to 10Gbps of the load or higher, and an end-user analyst will see all traffic integrated within the Federated UI. With Federation Manager features, it does not matter where the packets are located: You can make a single query for the whole traffic contents, and the results will be combined from all appliances into a single set of PCAP file results.
A high-quality, padded carrying bag is included with the CyberPro.
- Has room and extra pockets for your keyboard, mouse, cables, and other items
- The case can be branded with your logo stitched on the front
- Fits in the overhead bin on an airplane
Full Size Rugged Case
Full size rugged case with wheels and telescoping handle.
- Internal foam cutout snugly holds the CyberPro, as well as spaces for additional accessories
- Can be checked as baggage, while giving you peace of mind that your system is safe
- Exterior dimensions (L X W X D) – 24.60″ x 19.70″ x 11.70″ (62.5 x 50 x 29.7 cm)
Rugged, Secure HDD Case
Compact, lockable case for removable hard drives and SFP/SFP+ modules
- Holds up to (16) quick-time removable 2.5” drives AND
- Up to (8) SFP/SFP+ modules
- Internal security tray
- 16.44" L x 13.00" W x 6.82" D (41.8 x 33 x 17.3 cm)
- System with accessories and soft case is < 30lbs and small enough to be an airline carry-on
- Rugged case and system are < 50lbs, which can be checked as luggage without worry about damage.