Next Computing, LLC (NextCom) is committed to environmental affairs leadership in all of its business activities; providing a safe and healthful work place, protecting the environment, and conserving energy and natural resources.
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained and have appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbor in the communities where we operate, and act promptly and responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. Report them to authorities promptly and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- Conserve natural resources by reusing and recycling materials, purchasing recycled materials, and using recyclable packaging and other materials.
- Develop, manufacture, and market products that are safe for their intended use, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and that can be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Use development and manufacturing processes that do not adversely affect the environment, minimizing waste, prevent air, water, and other pollution, minimize health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when possible.
- Meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements to which NextCom subscribes.
- Conduct rigorous audits and self-assessments of NextCom’s compliance. Measure progress of environmental affairs performance, and report to upper management.
- Every employee and every contractor on NextCom’s premises is expected to follow this guidance and report any environmental, health, or safety concern to management. Managers are expected to take prompt action.
Commitment to climate protection and to reduce the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions related to our operations:
- Operating facilities, including product development and manufacturing operations, that optimize their use of energy and materials and minimize GHG emissions
- Purchasing electricity generated from low carbon dioxide (CO2)-emitting and renewable sources where it makes both business and environmental sense
- Reducing employee commuting and business travel
Provide development organizations with direction and goals, infrastructure, tools and expertise to apply environmental life cycle considerations from product concept through product end-of-life management.
- Develop products with consideration for their upgradeability to extend product life.
- Develop products with consideration for their reuse and recyclability at the end of product life.
- Develop products that can safely be disposed of at the end of product life.
- Develop and manufacture products that use recycled materials where they are technically and economically justifiable.
- Develop products that will provide improvements in energy efficiency and/or reduced consumption of energy.
- Develop products that minimize resource use and environmental impacts through selection of environmentally preferred materials and finishes.